In Partnership with the Western Washington University
Key Modules to be Covered
- Sustainable development: What is and isn’t sustainability
- The three principles of nature & business
- Definitions & interpretations of the elements of sustainability
- Triple bottom line approach of sustainability
- Case study: VW and the dark side of sustainability
- Sustainability – COP 21 outcomes and future impact
- Sustainability: the UN Global Compact
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) for 2030
- Corporate governance and sustainability legislation
- New sustainability trends and regulation
- Stakeholder matrix
- Creating a sustainable (CSR) strategy.A step by step approach
- Sustainable supply chain
- Global Models Presentation and Description: Global Reporting Initiative (G4), UN Global Compact
- How to calculate Social Return on Investment
- Best practices and case studies on successful sustainability strategies
- Simulation Exercise. All participants will join a unique simulation exercise on sustainability.
Unique Simulation Exercise Included
- What are ‘Green’ and ‘Cause-Related’ Marketing?
- Responsible communication
- How to avoid blue and green washing (related videos will be presented)
- CSR strategy & stakeholders
- CSR in the supply chain
- Stakeholder engagement strategy
- The rise of the carbon footprint strategy as part of the environmental strategy. What can organizations do?
- Carbon accounting and WRI Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Carbon offsetting
- Case study: IKEA
- The importance of sustainability ratings (DJSI, CSRHUB)
- Understanding reporting
- Why report?
- The GRI G4 Reporting Guidelines and the New GRI STANDARDS: Reporting on the Triple Bottom Line
- Case Studies & exercise
- Best practices on reporting communication
- The importance of external assurance
- What is external assurance for sustainability
- Assurance process
- Assurance standards
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will have the chance to complete a two-year sustainability plan that will qualify them for earning the globally recognized CSR-P Certification and become Certified Sustainability Practitioners. The final assignment help participants put in place practical tools and use the knowledge gained in a practical way.
What you get from the course
About the Head of the Training Programs Development and Lead Trainer
Nikos Avlonas is founder and President of the Centre for Sustainability & Excellence (CSE). Nikos has been distinguished as one of the “Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior” by Trust Across America. He is a well known international speaker in topics related to Sustainable Development and CSR and has globally delivered speeches and educated thousands of. To learn more about Nikos Avlonas, read his bio here.
Take advantage of a leading book on sustainability, entitled “Practical Sustainability Strategies: How to Gain a Competitive Advantage” (Wiley Publication) written by the course trainer Nikos Avlonas
Contact email@example.com for group discounts.
Terms of registration and CSE Green Event’s Policy
– Registrations may be canceled and a refund will be issued only following a written request (at firstname.lastname@example.org) at least twenty (20) days prior to the beginning of the training. If the request is made twenty (20) days prior to the training, a 50% cancelation fee will be charged. If no request is made to CSE until or following the training, no refund will be provided.
– CSE retains the right to reschedule the training. CSE will refund the training fee for trainings rescheduled up to two (2) weeks prior to the training date. CSE is not responsible for other cost on behalf of participants (travel, accommodation, etc.)
– If the payment is completed through bank deposit an additional fee will be added to the training fee.
– As part of our sustainability policy (since 2007), we calculate and offset the carbon footprint of all CSE events, including the travel of our attendees. Additionally, CSE is among the first firms in its sector to have published a Sustainability Report (since 2008). A prime example of ‘walking the talk’.
CSE is a leading accredited provider of Sustainability (CSR) Training Programs.
CSE is an accredited training provider by leading organizations in Sustainability. Our Courses are approved by CMI (Chartered Management Institute). CSE is also Green America certified business, GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) stakeholder and training partner to the Sustainability Management Association (SMA).